We are seeing a brand new movement for 21.1. Here are some tips for your Wall Walk.
- Hips- Lift your hips first and extend your arms. Higher the hinge the better.
- Feet- Drive your feet as high as you can.
- Walk your hands and feet up the wall.
- Don’t rush your wall walk.
- Count your breaths during your rest period.
“The wall walk is an excellent tool for introducing the basics of inversion. Coordination and upper-body strength are both challenged as the athlete experiences and strives to maintain fundamental elements of the handstand position. Despite the challenges inherent in being inverted, the athlete remains supported by three points of contact on the floor, wall, or a combination of the two throughout the entire movement. The wall walk can be the first step in a journey toward handstand mastery or a tool for skill development in athletes of any level.” www.crossfit.com