One of the most popular questions we get asked by members is, “What should I eat when I go out to the restaurant?” Members are working out on a regular basis and typically doing well throughout the week. The weekend eating is more often than not the toughest part with eating out happening more on Friday & Saturday nights.
Here Are 5 Tips To Help You Eat Out Successfully:
- Skip the appetizers. Think about it, do you eat appetizers throughout the week before dinner? Sure you may snack, but you aren’t fixing appetizers. Look at appetizers as extra calories you don’t need. On top of that, they usually aren’t healthy options.
- Look for the low calorie options on the menu. Most restaurants nowadays have low calorie options.
- Get a salad with a meat on it. For a dressing use an olive oil/basalmic and add salt and pepper. Most dressings are packed with calories and vegetable oils.
- Go the steak or fish route with a baked sweet potato or veggies. Chicken can be a nice option, but often times the chicken at restaurants is coated and fried or it has some type of sauce on it.
- Skip the rolls. You’re trying to get rid of your rolls, don’t eat them.